News has emerged about the new game of the legend of the Prince of Persia. A corporate retail game seller in the country of Guatemala, located in Central America has listed the new Ubisoft game Prince of Persia Remake.
In the past years, many news were reported for the new game of Prince of Persia and claims were made that the series will continue. So the current situation is different from the other unfounded news? Is the new game really coming? What will be the release date of the new Prince of Persia?
Table of Contents
- 1 Who is the company listing the game, can it be true?
- 2 Which game of the series will be remaked?
- 3 When will the new Prince of Persia game come out?
- 4 What platforms will the game be on?
- 5 Updates on September 4, 2020:
Who is the company listing the game, can it be true?
Max, an important game retailer company in Guatemala, showed it on its list and noted that the game will be a remake version of the series, not a continuation of the series. So the game will not be a new Prince of Persia game, but the game will be prepared from scratch with enhanced graphics.
Can the Prince of Persia listing be true?
It has been officially announced that the Far Cry 6 release date in the past weeks, but there was no any sign about Prince of Persia by Ubisoft.
In fact, when the company made this listing, it was not taken seriously because we have always seen such news for this game. However, this time the situation is different. First of all, it is worth noting that Max is an official retailer in his country.
Another detail that strengthens the possibilities is the inclusion of Jason Schreier in the subject. For those who don’t know, Jason Schreier is the name that brought the biggest leaks in the game world to gamers and is generally not mistaken.
Jason Schreier’s tweet suddenly raised the gaming world. While there are still some question marks, an answer comes upon it, the legend of Prince of Persia is one step closer to reality.
Which game of the series will be remaked?
There is a lot of speculation about this, but the strongest is that the game will be a remake of 2003’s Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time rather than the 1989 trilogy. However, when we look at the cover of the listing, we see the 2008 logo, of course, it may not be correct to make a logic here because Ubisoft has not published an official cover.
When will the new Prince of Persia game come out?
The news now is only about the retail seller listing, and again, according to the same source, the release date for the Remake version of the game is November 2020. If the news is correct, we can see an announcement and a trailer from Ubisoft soon.
What platforms will the game be on?
When we look at the listing of the game, we can see the PS4 and Nintendo Switch titles, which means that the game will not contain serious graphics. We will be able to see the game, which we expect to see on PS5, on older generation consoles.
These are what is known at the moment, we will be monitoring the news for new information.
Updates on September 4, 2020:
- Bloomberg’s Jason Schreier said that the new Prince of Persia Remake game will be announced at next week’s Ubisoft Forward event. It is not yet known which game the remake production will belong to.
- Judging by the latest information, the French developer is indeed working on such a remake. Moreover, the new game may be announced much sooner than we expected.
- The allegations come from famed journalist Jason Schreier, known for his leaks in the video game industry. Ubisoft plans to unveil the Prince of Persia Remake during the Ubisoft Forward event next week, according to Schreier, who works at Bloomberg. The event, which will be held online as in the previous UbiForward, will start on September 10 at 11:00 AM PDT.